GSU FYE Students: Here are a few tips on succeeding at Georgia Southern.
Final Exam Study Tip Via Twitter April 28, 2010
GSU FYE 1220 Students:
This semester, you’ve learned a lot about social media. One of my favorite things about social media, specifically Twitter, is that you can put a question out there and get feedback from all over. On April 19th, I tweeted this:
Here are some of the tips I got in return:
Create an outline & write down content that will be on exam. Eat a piece of dark choc. to help w/ short term memory before exam
Make a fake exam with the material that will be on the test
Don’t forget the value of sleeping and drinking water. Don’t rely on energy drinks!
See, if you ask a question on Twitter you can learn new things. Who knew dark chocolate helps with your memory?! But, being a senor, I couldn’t leave it all up to Twitter. I have learned a few things through my years at Georgia Southern. Here is my top five things to do to prepare for final exams:
1. Study Ahead: Finals cover everything and should be approached in that mind-frame. Don’t wait until the night before and try to cram; it can’t be done.
2. Review The Things You Think You Know: Don’t just study what you don’t know. Sometimes you can be so focused on what you don’t know that you can confuse yourself about what you do know…or what you thought you knew.
3. Flashcards Help: You probably don’t believe me but making flashcards can really help you study. Make the cards and go through them over and over. The repetition helps lock it in your brain.
4. Don’t Over Analyze: Like the saying goes, always go with your first choice. Read exam questions for what they are. Don’t try to read into them because you will only confuse yourself more.
And lastly, the big one…
5. Remember To Breathe: As dumb as that sounds, you would be surprised how many times we forget it. Yes, finals are big. In fact, they’re huge. But you can’t blow it out of proportion. Typically, finals are only a small portion of your final grade. Truth is, if you have attended class and kept up with assignments, you should do fine. Keep in mind, professors can only test you over what they’ve taught you. So, that being said, don’t pull an all-nighter before the exam. Don’t skip meals. And don’t have a panic attack when that exam is put in front of you. It’s just a TEST.
GOOD LUCK!!! : )