Want a lot of media coverage for yourself or your business? Well, a social media newsroom (SMNR) is the place to be, according to A Survival Guide to Social Media and Web 2.0 Optimization by Deltina Hay. Here is some more information that the author focuses on:
- Social media newsrooms are great for businesses that put out a large number on press releases.
- Social media newsrooms can serve as a central location of all information pertaining to you or your business.
- Social media newsrooms can be created using WordPress.
I bet you’re wondering what you can do and put in a social media newsroom. You can include:
- Press releases
- Hyper Links
- Videos (viral or not)
- Company/Employee Biographies
- Up Coming Events
- Recap of Past Events
- And anything else you want to include…
A social media newsroom is a business’ way of getting their name out there. It is a way to gain media attention and publicity for yourself or your business. By putting the information out there, people (including the media) will be more apt to pick it up and run with it. A social media newsroom acts as a way to keep the public informed as you keep your name in the public’s mind.